Want to get more from your hospitality staffing service? Who doesn’t!
Whether you work for a banquet facility, industrial caterer, hotel or convention center, you deserve the best from your staffing company. In February, Penguin Staffing provided a list of five tips to get better hospitality staffing results. Today, here are five more:
- Set expectations from the start. Establish mutually agreed-upon standards for interacting with your hospitality staffing partner at the beginning of your relationship (think order-placing procedures, feedback methods, quality control checks, etc.). As with any business relationship, setting clear expectations from the outset will ensure clear communication and expedient service.
- Benchmark performance of your core employees. Find out exactly what tests candidates who work for your staffing firm must take, and then ask for the test scores of referred candidates. Establish preferred scoring levels for placements within your hospitality organization, using your own staff as benchmarks. Finally, encourage temporary employees to take advantage of hospitality training available through the staffing service.
- Provide regular feedback. Maintain an ongoing dialogue and honest relationship with your hospitality staffing company, keeping them abreast of changes in your company. Provide feedback on their service and the performance of their hospitality temporaries. Meet regularly to obtain their input on what you can do to improve the quality of service and placements.
- Create a true partner in your success. Consider involving a staffing firm in your organization’s business planning. For example, you might want to include your staffing representative in an annual meeting to plan staffing strategies. Hospitality staffing experts, like Penguin Staff, can offer valuable insight regarding the possible uses of workforce partnerships and outsourcing to manage production cycles, improve customer service and help you hire better.
- Reward results. High quality hospitality staffing firms focus on more than filling orders. They want to help you save time, lower expenses and get work done. When you find a company that does a great job, look for opportunities to enhance the relationship. Invite them in. Challenge them to help you solve your problems. See what you can do to reward their good results. Not only will you make your top vendor happy, you’ll increase their commitment to your success.
At Penguin Staff, we know what it takes to:
- improve the quality of hospitality temporaries you receive;
- increase your staffing ROI;
- simplify your staffing function.
Give us a call, and let us help you achieve better staffing results – every time.