Getting ready for an upcoming hospitality job interview? Here is a quick list of 10 questions you should be prepared to answer:
- What do you consider to be good hygiene practices on the job?
- Can you give me an example of a situation where you solved a problem for a customer who was unhappy?
- How do you handle difficult co-workers?
- Can you explain what the Heimlich maneuver is, when to use it and how to perform it?
- How do you handle a rush?
- What did you like best (or dislike most) about your last job?
- How have you prepared yourself for this position (i.e., experience, special skills/training, etc.)?
- How do you help your team to be more successful?
- What can you tell me about the food/drinks we prepare/serve here?
- How do you ensure a great customer experience, time after time?
Preparing answers to common interview questions like these will help you feel more calm and confident. The more poised you are, the better your chances will be of landing the job!
If you’re looking for a great hospitality job in Atlanta, Central Virgina or the D.C./Baltimore Metro area, be sure to register with Penguin Staff. As a leader in hospitality staffing, Penguin matches job seekers like you with front of house, back of house and culinary professional employment opportunities. Contact Penguin today to learn more or apply online.